Strong performance in our mission to deliver financial power to all
7am, 18 May 2022 ─ Experian plc, the global information services company, today issues its financial report for the year ended 31 March 2022.
Brian Cassin, Chief Executive Officer, commented:
“We had a very good year with total revenue growth of 17% at both actual and constant exchange rates, and organic revenue growth of 12%. Benchmark earnings per share also progressed strongly, up 21%. Cash performance was very strong, with Benchmark EBIT to operating cash flow conversion of 109%, and actual exchange rates growth of 22%. We have made major steps forward in Consumer Services, which is transforming the shape of our business, and we also progressed materially a series of strategic initiatives in Business-to-Business.
“Experian’s mission to help people improve their financial health is more important now than ever, with many households facing the challenge of rising inflation. We take great pride in our ability to make a positive difference to people’s lives by making it easier, cheaper and faster for people and organisations to access financial services, and I would like to thank my Experian colleagues for their hard work and dedication in delivering on this mission.
“For the year ahead, we expect organic revenue growth in the range of 7-9%, with modest margin improvement at constant exchange rates, supported by continuing investment behind the execution of our strategy. While we are closely monitoring the global macroeconomic trends, we are confident in our strong track record of robust and resilient performance.”
- See Appendix 1 (page 13) and note 4 to the interim financial statements (pages 23-25) for definitions of non-GAAP measures.
- Organic revenue growth is at constant currency.
- Revenue and Benchmark EBIT for the year ended 31 March 2021 have been re-presented for the reclassification to exited business activities of certain Business-to-Business (B2B) businesses.
- See page 14 for reconciliation of Benchmark EBIT from ongoing activities to Profit before tax.
- Considerable strategic progress and strong financial performance. Q4 organic revenue growth was 9%, to give 12% for the year, with selective acquisition in-fills taking total revenue growth to 17%.
- Stepping up the pace in Consumer Services with broader and more comprehensive propositions, serving 134 million free members, up 24 million over the past twelve months. Organic revenue +22%.
- B2B organic revenue growth of 9% supported by data investments, adoption of our innovation platforms, focused expansion in health and addressing new client segments.
- Very strong organic revenue progress across North America, Latin America, and UK and Ireland, with selective acquisitions to broaden our opportunity.
- Much improved margin trajectory in UK and Ireland, and EMEA/Asia Pacific. Now taking the next step in our plan to reposition EMEA/Asia Pacific for more sustainable long term operating performance.
- Benchmark EBIT +19%. EBIT margin +60 basis points at constant exchange rates.
- Benchmark EPS +21%, at actual exchange rates.
- Very strong cash performance; with cash conversion of 109% and Benchmark operating cash flow actual rate growth of 22%.
- Second interim dividend up 10% to 35.75 US cents per ordinary share.
Nadia Ridout-Jamieson Investor queries +44 (0)20 3042 4278
Gerry Tschopp Media queries
Graeme Wilson, Louise Male and Guy Bates +44 (0)20 7353 4200
There will be a presentation today at 9.30am (UK time) to analysts and investors via conference call. To view the slides and listen in online please go to www.experianplc.com for the link.
Experian will update on first quarter trading for FY23 on 14 July 2022.
Certain financial data has been rounded within this announcement. As a result of this rounding, the totals of data presented may vary slightly from the actual arithmetic totals of such data.
Forward looking statements
Certain statements made in this announcement are forward looking statements. Such statements are based on current expectations and are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual events or results to differ materially from any expected future events or results referred to in these forward-looking statements. See note 29 for further information on risks and uncertainties facing Experian.
Neither the content of the Company’s website, nor the content of any website accessible from hyperlinks on the Company’s website (or any other website), is incorporated into, or forms part of, this announcement.
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organisations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 20,600 people operating across 43 countries and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people, and innovation to help all our clients maximise every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.